Firstly there is the dress I started making on my dressmaking course. It needs the collar attaching and hemming. This dress is from a 1967 pattern which I got at a vintage fair. The material is crepe suiting in a lovely dark sea green/blue. I'm going to adjust the sleeves to 3/4 length as it gives it a more modern look. I had a bit of a disaster with the zip, so I will need to fashion a new zip pull out of something. Any suggestions welcome!
My flamingo material was originally earmarked for making the Ruby dress from Love Sewing magazine. Unfortunately due to the width of the fabric and the way the pattern runs horizontal, it would have been impossible to cut the skirt part of the pattern without changing it. As a result I have decided to make a half circle skirt from the book Gertie Does Vintage Casual. The pieces are cut and ready to stick together and zip fitted.
I promised my mum i'd make her some bunting for her new summer house at the end of last summer. Due to being a busy mum, I haven't even started it yet! I have a lovely selection for fat quarters purchased for the task and bias binding all ready to go, so I'm going to have to get cutting some triangles! I love the look of bunting when it's finished but it's such a monotonous task, especially when we are looking at nearly 4 metres.