Friday 1 July 2016

Tea For Two

Today I went to my favourite eatery in the whole world the 19 Fourteas Tearooms in Havant (just outside of Portsmouth, U.K.) I love everything about this charming little 1940s inspired tea room. It is like stepping back in time the moment you walk through the door. I've been 3 times now and every time I see something I haven't noticed before. It's an Alladin's cave of vintage treasures right down to the cups and saucers you drink from. The lovely ladies who work there are all decked out in the 40s style which is so nice to see and makes me feel guilty for turning up in my boring modern clothes! The food is lovely, especially the cakes! There is also a gluten free menu which is great to see as its rarely catered for in so many places. The reason why I love this place so much is because of the atmosphere. It's such a cosy warm place and so welcoming from the moment you step through the door. It's one of the only places I've ever been where I have felt so at home! I asked if I could just move in today and sleep on the sofas upstairs! Novelty bars are always thought of as tacky but this charming little tea room is anything but! It's decorated so tastefully and true to its desired era, but is so understated from the outside you could easily miss it. I am so happy I was shown the 19 Fourteas Tearooms and I will be taking all my friends there whether they like it or not! 

Check it out for yourself! 
Here is a link to their website: http://19fourteashavant.co.uk/ 


**but call and book beforehand as this little place is VERY popular!!!**

No comments:

Post a Comment