Friday 6 March 2015

Support Your Local Charity Shops

I hate being stopped by people in the street asking for donations to various charities. My answer is always "I have my designated charities I donate to, sorry." This may sound callous but at least once a week I'm scouring the local charity shops on the hunt for a vintage bargain and usually buy at least one piece which means on average I probably give more to charity regularly than most of the people these canvassers speak to. We should support our local charity shops be it buying or donating as this way we get to choose who our cash goes to and support great causes by also getting great items back. Ok so charity shop shopping is an aquired taste but if you are willing to put in the time going through the rails and the baskets, boxes etc, they can be a gold mine for vintage finds as well as leaving you with the good feeling that you helped someone in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment