Friday 6 March 2015

To Dye Or Not To Dye

I had been dying my hair for so long that when I finally stopped just before Munch was born I didn't really know what colour my hair actually was! It has been every shade of red to purple to black to platinum blonde and lastly highlighted a golden honey colour. I didn't stop colouring my hair out of some kind of moral responsibility for my baby, I just couldn't afford to keep it up! This meant that by the time I became a mummy my roots were so long that I was sporting a rather fashionable ombré look. I stopped being adventurous with hair dye when I got a 'sensible' job and wasn't really able to go around sporting bright red or purple locks. Now I've left the constraints of the corporate world, I seem to have lost that sense of adventure and now as much as I hate my boring mousy hair, I can't decide what to do with it. I've spoken to hairdressers, friends and anyone else who will listen and nobody has been able to help me choose. I don't remember things being this difficult before, I would just stand in the shop, pick the box with the picture I liked the most and away I went. Although I was banned from doing it in my mums kitchen after a rather unfortunate accident with a chilli red dye which left my dad removing it from the wallpaper for a good few hours! Maybe it's because I'm now the wrong side of 25 that I don't feel I can get away with the more 'daring' shades (to be fair though I don't know why I worry as it doesn't seem to bother anyone else!) I know what you're thinking, grow a set and pick a colour, but as I'm now 'old' it's making my decision impossible!
**any suggestions welcome :-)**

No comments:

Post a Comment